Are you looking for headphones that can work with your Bluetooth Subwoofer? Do you need DJ headphones for your next performance?
|TOP PICKS AT A GLANCE
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →
Do you want an alternative to the Apple Airpods? Check out the top 10 on the market that are comfortable to wear and are good for (almost) any occasion!
Our Top 10 Recommendations For Most Comfortable Headphones
Along with our best and most expensive headphones of the year, read about our choices for comfortable headphones in 2022, perfect for all your listening needs!
Best for Noise Canceling
The Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid active noise cancelling headphones are the best option for reducing ambient noise and staying focused during long days at work, travel, or school.
Featuring a fit that helps reduce ambient noises by up to 90%, these can detect and cancel out a wide range of low and mid-frequency noises for optimal sound quality.
PROS: Strong bass, increased clarity and detail, and contain 40 hours of playtime for long-term use.
CONS: Does not contain different modes, such as indoor, outdoor, and travel modes.
- Value: Users state it is an excellent value, has the best noise cancellation, and hours of battery power.
- Features: Contains 5 minutes of charging time, Bluetooth 5 and AUX connectivity, single microphone call compatibility, ergonomic headband, and ear cups.
- Durability: Users state the active noise cancellation is long-lasting, making the price well worth it.
- Ease of Use: Easy to use and come in a travel case for added protection.
Best for Bluetooth Headphones
The Beats Solo3 headset without wires is comfortable and has Bluetooth compatibility, featuring a class 1 Bluetooth option and 40 hours of listening time.
PROS: Long battery, compatibility with iOS and Android devices, and 5 minutes of charging time.
CONS: Lack of noise cancelling in crowded areas.
- Value: The price is fair for long-lasting construction and ease of use.
- Features: Contain an Apple W1 audio chip, Android compatibility, built-in mic and controls, fast fuel charging, Bluetooth wireless connectivity, customized cups, fine-tuned acoustics, and premium playback.
- Durability: The durability is very high, making for long-term use over multiple months or years.
- Ease of Use: Easy to use once you purchase the Apple chip for easy setup and switching between devices.
Best for Gaming
The Razer Kraken gaming headset is the most comfortable headphone for gaming. Featuring a lightweight aluminum frame, noise isolating microphone, an open-back design, compatible with various game systems, and a 3.5mm headphone jack, this headset is functional and durable.
PROS: Multi-gaming system compatibility, over-ear cushions similar to Sennheiser HD, and clear retractable microphone.
CONS: Potential for echo during use while speaking into the microphone.
- Value: Comparable to other gaming sets on the market.
- Features: Noise isolating microphone, Xbox and PS compatibility, 3.5mm headphone jack, lightweight aluminum construction, over-ear cushioned padding, the headband that relieves pressure, and vast soundscape.
- Durability: The durability is one of the best selling points, as they can last for multiple months or years of gaming use.
- Ease of Use: Easy to set up and use for beginners.
Best for Work
The Sony WH-1000XM4 is the best option for working. The newer version of the Sony wH 1000xm3, this option provides a great listening experience!
PROS: The benefit of using these for work is that they are optimized for use with Alexa and Google Assistant for added functionality while in the office.
CONS: Lack of noise cancellation in noisy environments.
- Value: Reasonable price for the money due to the high-quality construction, clear quality, and life of battery.
- Features: Can last for 30 hours, quickly charge in just 10 minutes, contains hi-res audio, features Touch control, and has a built-in voice assistant.
- Durability: The durability is long-lasting due to the solid materials and the carrying case.
- Ease of Use: Simple to use, with the built-in voice assistant and hands-free calling, easy to set up during first use.
Best for Wired Option
The Bose QuietComfort 35 headset is the most user-friendly wired option for those who want Bluetooth compatible and wired connections for longer use.
PROS: Bose Users can enjoy up to 40 hours using a wire and enjoy the lightweight construction for multi-hour use.
CONS: Doesn’t cancel noise in loud environments, reducing the functionality.
- Value: The value is a good deal for the money unless you use it for noise removal purposes only.
- Features: Around-ear design, 20 hours of playtime and 40 hours of playtime wired, unpowered audio, NFC pairing, Bose Connect app compatibility, and charging via USB cable.
- Durability: The durability is long-lasting due to the lightweight design and ergonomic fit that prevents breakage.
- Ease of Use: Easy to use and set up with your phone in just minutes.
Best for Prolonged Wear
The ZIHNIC headphones are a Bluetooth option for those who want to find headphones with a mic for long hours. With foldable, over-ear muffs and lightweight construction, these will prevent any headaches or skin irritation after multiple hours of use.
PROS: Wireless headphones, quality sound, good battery life, noise muting, wired backup, 180-degree comfort, soft memory foam ear cups, and adjustable headband.
CONS: Potential for lack of durability if stored incorrectly.
- Value: The price is fair, considering the functionality and comfort of the product.
- Features: Contains an adjustable head strap to increase flexibility to fit various head shapes, buttons on the side of the muff to easily change the song or alter the mode, and a protective carrying case.
- Durability: Some users report these are not very durable compared to other high-end options.
- Ease of Use: Easy to use and pair with your phone, laptop, or iPad during use.
Best for Recording Music
OneOdio studio headphones are the best choice for recording music, mixing songs, and making podcasts! Featuring wired DJ earpieces with an in-line mic, these are fabulous for those who need crystal clear sound.
PROS: Great for those who need a long cord length, excellent noise cancellation, detachable cords, and great sound quality.
CONS: There is a lack of range of motion in the hinges, leading to accidental breakage.
- Value: Price is the music-making functionality compared to brands like Audio Technica Ath.
- Features: The best features include 50mm speaker unit drivers, powerful bass sound, 3.5mm aux cable, 90-degree swivel ear pads, flexible and adjustable top, and smartphone compatibility.
- Durability: Durable for long-term use due to their adjustable design and soft cotton.
- Ease of Use: Easy to use and adjust to your ears and head shape. Phone compatibility is easy with the PC headset, remote control cable, and detachable music cables.
Shop More Online
Best for Style
The Riwbox XBT-80 foldable stereo headset with Bluetooth capabilities is the best option for those who want to walk down the street in style. These fashionable headphones feature white with gold accents and are suitable for smartphones, laptops, TVs, and iPads.
PROS: The stylish look and gold accents set these apart from the rest of the crowd.
CONS: Tighter fit can become uncomfortable after multi-hour wear.
- Value: The price is very low compared to other options for headphones on the market.
- Features: They come with a stylish design, Bluetooth compatibility, high-fi sound, built-in microphone, and foldable design.
- Durability: The durability of this headset is high for the lower price range.
- Ease of Use: The compact design makes these easy to use and store in your bag.
Shop More Online
Best for Fast Charging
The Skullcandy Hesh Evo noise reduction over-ear headsets are ideal for those who want fast charging.
PROS: Can charge up to 36 hours of battery in just 10 minutes!
CONS: Doesn’t cancel noise in loud environments.
- Value: The value is excellent, considering they provide 36 hours of battery and long-term use for under $100.
- Features: Have a connection without wires, over-the-head comfy fit, 0.2-gram weight, and foldable design for storage.
- Durability: Folding design makes these more durable than other options.
- Ease of Use: Users can download the Tile app to track their headsets and keep them safe, increasing the ease of use and the desirability of these vs. other options.
Best for Making Phone Calls
The LORELEI X6 is the best over-ear option for users who want to make calls with their headphones while on the go.
PROS: This headset has an in-line microphone that makes it easy to change your music, make calls, and work with various devices, such as laptops, phones, MP3 players, and other 3.5mm jack devices.
CONS: Lack of durability.
- Value: The value is at the lower end of the price range than other over-the-head pairs with a microphone.
- Features: 40mm driver, extremely comfortable cups, bright color options, a 1.5m nylon braided cord, and an in-line microphone.
- Durability: Some users report that these can break prematurely, even after correctly storing and using them.
- Ease of Use: Feature a 1.5 nylon cord that prevents tangling or hazards for children during use.
What To Look For In Comfortable Headsets
Before purchasing, you need to choose between on-ear, over-ear headphones, true earbuds, earbuds, in-ear monitors, or IEMs. Users can also choose open-back headphones or ones with a specialized ear cup.
Then decide the type of material that you want. Do you want cheaper plastic, or would you instead spend more on a more durable material? Try finding lightweight headsets that still produce excellent sound at a low price.
Buyers need to look into the built-in microphone. Using a built-in mic on the headset makes it easy to take calls and change the volume of your music.
Lastly, users need to look for soft pads and over-the-head construction that does not provide any pressure points or give a tension headache after prolonged wear. Finding good headsets should include analyzing the materials used and choosing ones with a great build quality.
On-Ear Vs. Over-Ear Headphones – Which Is More Comfortable?
Which is the best for long-term wear? It can seem like a hard decision to make between on-ear or over-ear headphones when choosing between headphones.
Usually, over-ear options are the comfiest due to the ample padding around your head, less tension, and ease of use.
When choosing a pair, keep in mind what you will use them for and how long you’ll need to use them. If you need them for a full workday, it is best to choose a pair that has a long lasting battery that you won’t have to recharge till you are home.
Research the sound quality to ensure it is up to the standard you want. Also, consider the environment you’ll be listening in, such as an office, airplane, walking around in public, or other areas where you’ll need the noise to be canceled.
If you are a fan of wearing a headset for long listening sessions, whether working at a desk, during long car rides, making music, or chatting with friends, choosing cushiony and high-quality headphones is a must. Read our top 10 list to find the most comfortable over-ear headphones for multi-hour use!