Many headphones exist on the market. Some are more expensive than others. If you’re looking for the best of the most expensive headphones, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will reveal the most expensive headphones available and what makes them so special when compared to less expensive options.
The Most Expensive Headphones in the World
In 2022 Tournaire was easily the most expensive headphone brand in the world. However, it’s Focal Utopia headphone is difficult to find.
They’re made in France and these headphones are only available on pre-order status and come glittering in gemstones, diamonds, and gold.
It gives us one of the lowest distortion features and works great when using our favorite turntable needles.
The sticker shock on the most expensive headphones in the world will place these three headphone models outside the range of most people. Let’s look at some of the best most expensive headphones we can all access at Amazon.
The Most Expensive Headphones: Our Shortlist
We’ll review both wired and wireless headphones as we look at the most expensive headphones Amazon has to offer.
These Focal headphones come designed to provide incredible dynamics. They’re perfect when using ribbon microphones or mastering tracks in the studio. The Focal Stellia model will provide enjoyment while listening to your favorite music.
The Stellia gives excellent tonal balance while delivering outstanding quality at all frequencies. Compared to Focal’s Clear and Utopia models, the Stellia offers a more balanced high range.
- Quality comfort
- Provides a luxurious listening experience
- It’s a little bulky and can heat your ears during lengthy use
Designed in Japan, these headphones offer a unique listening experience with its sound quality. The D8000s come equipped with a detachable cable system, making them more versatile for traveling musicians and audiophiles.
The drivers deliver an extended frequency response that provides an incredibly detailed sound.
- Made with high-quality materials and built to last
- Provides the benefit of a planar magnetic system in a closed design
- It’s not foldable, so it may be difficult to travel with these headphones
The LCD-5 is the most popular model of headphones from Audeze. It uses voice coils through the Audeze patented Parallel Uniforce magnetic circuitry. The technology results in increased voltage headroom, quality stereo sound, and low impedance.
The design allows you to use these headphones with portable players and smartphones, as well as a traditional headphone amp set up in a home or studio.
- Sleek style with a modern appearance that’s stylish
- The voice coil technology provides incredible sound quality
- It’s an open-back design and may be uncomfortable for some listeners
The HE1000 V2 offers the world’s first nanometer-thin diaphragm. It provides excellent reproductions during a live music settin, due to its asymmetrical magnetic circuitry.
The HE1000s are also incredibly lightweight. This set of headphones also offers comfortable and ergonomic design features for long listening sessions.
- The diaphragm provides a clear and detailed sound
- Allows for a more natural-sounding range of frequencies with less distortion
- It’s expensive, but it offers an incredible listening experience
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Over Ear (Wireless)
The design provided by the Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones offers a good fit for an active lifestyle. They offer a snug and comfortable fit with excellent sound quality.
The ear cups rotate to fold flat, making them easier to transport when on the go. The battery offers up to 22 hours of listening time and can be quickly charged using the USB C charger.
- The carbon fiber arms provide a solid build and lightweight design for comfort
- Uses adaptive noise canceling feature
- Comes in gray, black, or silver color options
V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless Codex Edition (Wireless)
The Crossfade 2 Codex Edition headphones set is one of the most expensive wireless headphones on the market.
They have a unique design that’s sleek and stylish. The set includes an over-ear memory foam cushioning, which provides excellent comfort during long listening sessions.
These headphones benefit from winning over 50 editors’ Choice Awards. The set uses a Lithium battery that works for up to 14 hours of listening.
- Uses CliqFold hinge for easy portability
- Offers excellent durability
- Uses a custom 50mm dual-diaphragm driver to provide excellent sound quality at any volume level
Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 (Wireless)
The Bose Noise Canceling 700 uses 11 levels of noise cancellation. They work with a mobile app to allow you to adjust the level right from your smartphone.
Bose’s most expensive headphones use an array of eight microphones, with six in each ear cup and two on the outside. Use them when you want excellent clarity during listening sessions on the best Bose speakers.
- Offers a sleek and stylish design with a modern look
- Uses an array of microphones for excellent sound clarity during phone calls or listening sessions
- Battery life could use improvement
Which Headphones Are the Best in the World?
When we ask this question, it is highly subjective. What works best for one person may not work best for others.
We prefer headphones that offer a full range of frequencies while providing excellent sound quality.
We also want headphones that are comfortable to wear for long periods and that we can transport easily.
The Audeze LCD-5 Open-Back Headphones are our top pick for the most expensive headphones in the world. They offer an incredible listening experience with a detailed and clear sound. They’re also lightweight and comfortable to wear.
When it comes to headphones, we should never sacrifice sound quality for a lower price. We believe that the best headphones are the most expensive ones and they offer an incredible listening experience.
We’re glad to recommend these top picks to help kick your research into high gear.